We have students tweet us and stop by the booth all the time to ask how to get involved at York - well this is it! York's Birthday is always one of the most amazing York Is U events of the year. Here's your chance to volunteer as a coordinator so you can gain campus experience and meet some awesome York students.
DETAILS: Event Lead: Sheila Shahrokhi
Event Date: March 26th 2014
Posting Date: January 27rd 2014
Posting Expiry Date: Feburary 1st 2014
Position Start Date (different from event date): Feburary 5th 2014
Position End Date: March 29th 2013
Approx # of hours per week: 3 – 5 hours
POSITIONS: 1. Internal Information Coordinator
- Act on behalf of the Event Ambassador, to chair meetings/be in charge on the event day when the events ambassador is absent
- Write and send out agenda items prior to each meeting and inform other members about the meeting time and location
- Take minutes at meetings and send the minutes out to the team within 3 days of meeting
- Liaise with the team and YU Communication team.
2. Set Design and Layouts Coordinator
- Integrate requirements such as research, budget and team ideas to develop set designs for the event
- Present drawing and ideas to the team for feedback/approval
- Selection of cost effective décor materials and decorations
- Oversee the setup and teardown of decorations at events location(s) prior to event and on event day
- Prepare instructions and guidelines to executive setup and teardown
- Creative eye-catching and informative event banners
3. Operation Coordinator
- Integrate theme, budget, research and team ideas to develop fun games and other attractions at main locations
- Plan and set up the photo booth and facilitate its running (if applicable)
- Facilitate the execution of party games and other attractions on the event day along with volunteers and the team
- Assist with Red/White Day activities if necessary. Being on call in regards to flash-mob activities happening across campus.
- Develop an efficient and cost effective distribution method for the cake and cupcakes
- Research and present various flavors and designs of cake and cupcakes for approval from the team
- Plan and facilitate the cake cutting ceremony according to guidelines
- Coordinate with Set Designer over layout and other details
4. Glendon Campus Events Coordinator
- Integrate main theme of the event in smaller scale in order to have a cost effective event at Glendon
- Act as the main liaison between the team and GCSA
- Plan cake cutting ceremony/cake distributions/other attractions at Glendon Campus in collaboration with GCSA.
- Coordinate with Distributions Coordinator on logistics
5. Volunteer Coordinator
- Create posting for recruiting volunteers for event day
- Prepare “Thank You” packages for volunteers and performers
- Develop efficient volunteer schedules including the amount necessary at each station, task lists and safety regulations
- Communicate effectively with the team in term of estimating the number of volunteers-needed for pre-event and on event day.
- Assist Entertainment Coordinator to contact various student organizations for the flash mob, *if applicable.
- Integrate theme, budget and team ideas for volunteer costumes
- Use various sources effectively to recruit enthusiastic volunteers
6. Finance Coordinator
- Contact campus vendors regarding possible sponsorships
- Prepare pre-event, post-events and updated budgets and communicate details to the team
- Research on discount and promotions to assist with purchasing supplies
- Collect reimbursement forms and assist the team with purchasing decisions and preparing financial documentations
- *Duties will exceed event date as post-event will be necessary
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS All applicants should provide: 1. a resume 2. a cover letter Special Considerations 1.Experience- At least one year of experience in event planning is consider. 2.Internal Info Coordinator – should have experience in minute taking and other administrative duties (preparing agendas, note taking, scheduling, etc) 3.Glendon Campus Coordinator – preferable for Glendon students
Email Sheila Shahrokhi at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!